Huawei Innovation Research Program (HIRP) OPEN Canada 2016
From Big Data to Compression Technology, and from Wireless Communication to Future Networks, we want to help bring your innovative ideas to life.
Huawei Canada is now accepting applications for the HIRP OPEN Canada 2016.
Open to leading Canadian universities and full-time faculty members.
Apply now to be considered for up to $90,000 (CDN) in funding or up to $60,000 for eligible government funded research programs in Canada.
About the Program:
As a leader in information and communications technology, Huawei Canada is invested in working with world-class researchers in the communication technology, computer science, engineering, and other related fields.
The Huawei Innovation Research Program (HIRP) OPEN Canada is a 1-2 year award to support contract-based innovation with academic partners in Canada. For 2016, we are issuing an OPEN call for proposals in 23 research subjects across 6 research themes, including:
- Big Data
- Future Networks
- Media Technology
- Computing Technology
- Compression Technology
- Wireless Communication Technology
Outstanding HIRP winners may be invited to establish further long-term research collaboration with Huawei.
Eligibility for Participation:
- Each applicant must be a full-time faculty member (lecturer, assistant professor, associate professor or full professor). Huawei will not accept applications from professors on behalf of students, post-docs, or other ineligible candidates.
- Applicant(s) shall submit proposals to Huawei for review and evaluation. Applicant(s) shall confirm that no proprietary information has been submitted. Huawei shall treat all information submitted in proposals as non-confidential and non-proprietary and shall use the information and materials provided to conduct an internal review and evaluation of the submitted proposals.
- Any HIRP OPEN Canada 2016 awards for the winning proposals are subject to the standard terms and conditions of the HIRP OPEN Canada Research Agreement. The HIRP OPEN Canada Research Agreement is available to eligible candidates upon email request.
- Huawei takes the protection of each applicant’s personal information seriously, and adheres to all applicable laws and regulations related to personal information protection. To be eligible, applicants shall consent to the collection and use of their personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
Interested in this unique opportunity? Apply now using our convenient online application process.
Application & Process:
- The application deadline for HIRP OPEN Canada 2016 is 17:00 EST, on March 31, 2016. Huawei will announce the winners before the end of June 2016.
- Huawei Technical Experts Group members will review all proposals according to HIRP evaluation criteria, including:
– Innovation of research idea
– Feasibility of technical approach
– Value of the outcome
– Duration of the research plan
- Proposals must be formatted according to the Proposal Template (see example).
- Proposals are expected to be in English, in MS Word format only, and no longer than 10 pages.
- Proposal title names must include the program name, university name, and name of applicant. E.g., ‘HIRPO20140101_WATERLOO_Mike Smith’.
- Proposals can be submitted online at: http://www.huawei.com/en/hirp/open/subjects.
- Additional details are available in our FAQs at: http://www.huawei.com/en/hirp/open/FAQs
Additional Questions? Please contact:
- Canada Research Centre,
- Huawei Technologies Canada
- Email: email@example.com